Manage cookies preferences : Cookies management panel
STELIA Aerospace places great importance on the protection of your privacy and your data. This Policy explains how STELIA Aerospace collects, processes and protects your personal data when you consult our website or other sites and/or applications related to it, as required by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679, known as the “GDPR”) and the national laws on data protection in force in the countries where STELIA Aerospace operates. The present Policy applies to websites and applications which include a link to it.
However, this website has links to other websites or applications which are not necessarily covered by the present Policy. In this case, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites carefully.
We have implemented a data protection programme, which includes the adoption, on a global scale, of the very strict policies required by the GDPR. This programme includes:
- the adoption of internal procedures and policies that aim to guarantee compliance with the laws and regulations on personal data protection;
- the adoption of appropriate organisational and technical procedures allowing data protection principles to be applied.
Which kind of personal data do we collect and how?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify a person, directly or indirectly. This definition covers a wide range of information constituting personal data, such as a name, a postal address, an email address, an identification number, location data or even an electronic identifier.
We can collect the following kinds of personal data:
- Identification data: last name, first name, email address, phone number
- Professional data: company, town, country, curriculum vitae (via the candidate space in the Careers section)
- Computer Data/Digital Activity Data: IP address, cookies, activity and connection logs, web browsing tracking
- Location data: location via the Internet connection
We may collect this personal data:
- directly from you via our contact form and via your browsing activity on our website. It may also be collected via CV submission websites which are external to STELIA Aerospace and have their own privacy policies, which we suggest that you consult; the data concerning the candidates are, however, sent to us directly.
- indirectly, in particular via media platforms and social networks (for example, when you follow the pages of STELIA Aerospace on social networks, the personal information that you have made public and that can be viewed by everyone from your profile on those social networks).
Important note: When we collect personal data through forms, including electronic forms, we indicate the mandatory fields with asterisks. Please ensure that the personal data you submit, including multimedia content (photographs, videos, etc.), are accurate/precise and that you do not transmit any content that is not specifically requested by a questionnaire or by any other means that we may use to collect data (such as commercial information, advertisements, personal creations, ideas or concepts).
Our website does not specifically target minors. Nevertheless, if we inadvertently collect information relating to minors, the legal representative of the minor concerned may exercise the rights of the minor in the name and on behalf of the minor at any time (see below).
Why do we collect your personal data?
By using our website, STELIA Aerospace will collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Site Administration/Browsers. Allowing you to browse our website and other digital platforms, and to use your personal account online;
- Communication. Allowing allow better communication on our activity and with our customers;
- Customer service. Providing a customer service, for technical support or other similar purposes and to establish and maintain client accounts;
- Research and Development. Improving our service and allowing the STELIA Aerospace website to work properly, improving your browsing experience or allowing STELIA Aerospace to perform analyses that will better serve you by customising the online content that we offer;
- Legal compliance. Complying with applicable legal obligations, particularly in response to different authorities, court orders or inquiries;
- Protect. Protecting our business, as well as third parties; we may consider it necessary to investigate, prevent or prosecute unlawful activities, suspicions of fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of persons or violations of our various policies and their conditions.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes specified above unless we consider it necessary for other reasons compatible with the initial purpose (to preserve evidence in the context of the laws and regulations on data protection, or in the case of statutory limitation periods, for example). If we are to use your personal data for a different purpose, we will notify you before implementing this additional data processing, and we will provide you with an updated version of this information notice.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
To collect and/or process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR and applicable data protection laws, we must select legal bases corresponding to the processes we operate. The legal bases for processing your personal data are as follows:
- To comply with contractual obligations.
When you subscribe to a particular service via the website, we may be required to process your personal data. The purpose of processing your data is primarily determined by the service, and we will process your information in order to provide you with this service.
- In the case of consent to processing.
When you submit your data (via the contact form, in particular), you are consenting to the processing of your personal data. In this case, you can withdraw your consent at any time. For more information on withdrawing consent, please see the “What are your rights?” section below.
- As part of a legitimate interest.
We may not need your consent to use your data, given our legitimate interest in doing so, in particular:
- For analysis and optimisation of the website
- For providing the IT security and IT operations of STELIA Aerospace
- For Communication and Marketing
- For the prevention and investigation of criminal acts
- On the basis of the legal obligations of STELIA Aerospace.
STELIA Aerospace, as a company, is subject to legal and regulatory obligations. In some cases, the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for STELIA Aerospace to meet these obligations.
To whom are we likely to disclose your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to the recipient(s) on a strictly “need to know” basis and for the purposes described in this Policy:
- STELIA Aerospace SAS and its subsidiaries.
- The authorised persons working for and on behalf of STELIA Aerospace, including our agents, service providers and advisors who provide the variety of products and services that we need, for example:
- The STELIA Aerospace employees in the Commercial, Legal, Compliance and IT departments, in the event that you are a current or potential client of STELIA Aerospace,
- The STELIA Aerospace employees in the Human Resources department and the recruitment managers, in the event that you are submitting an application for a position via the recruitment sites.
- The service provider WAT – WeAreTogether, for operating the website and our other digital platforms.
- The service provider WAT – WeAreTogether, for maintenance, security and IT support.
- The service providerWAT – WeAreTogether, for hosting the website.
- Other authorised third parties in the case of collaboration, joint venture, restructuring, change of legal status or any other similar event, in the case of merger or sale.
- Law enforcement authorities and governmental or other authorities in order to comply with the law, or in response to any subpoena, court order, or to establish or exercise our rights or defend against any claim.
Where are your personal data transferred?
STELIA Aerospace deals mainly with your personal data in the European Economic Area (EEA). Sometimes your personal data may be transferred to the recipients indicated in the previous section “To whom are we likely to disclose your personal data?” on a “need to know” basis. This includes transfers to entities outside the EEA, particularly in the following countries: Morocco, Tunisia, the United States, Canada, United Arab Emirates, China and Singapore.
This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, within STELIA Aerospace, in the legal context of our Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”) or other contractual frameworks or relevant adequacy decisions.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We process and store your personal data for at least 13 months from the date of our last interaction, in accordance with the GDPR and other national data protection laws. In the case of contractual or legal obligations, we allow ourselves to keep this data for as long as is necessary.
The personal data provided during an application via the “Careers” section are kept for a maximum of two years following your last consultation of our candidate area. If you choose not to be contacted for future opportunities, your data will be kept for a maximum of six months. If necessary, we may keep your data in our archives for longer in order to comply with the limitation periods applicable in the event of a claim relating to the recruitment process.
Cookies managed by STELIA Aerospace are kept for up to thirteen months.
STELIA Aerospace complies with the retention periods imposed by the laws and regulations in force.
What are your rights?
- A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, understandable and easily accessible way of how your personal data are processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation that personal data concerning you are being processed or not, and, where appropriate, (ii) to access and obtain a copy of such personal data.
- A right to rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified. You also have the right to request that your incomplete personal data be completed.
- A right to erasure: in certain cases you have the right to have your personal data erased. However, this is not an absolute right, and STELIA Aerospace may have legal or legitimate reasons for keeping this data.
- A right to restriction of processing: in certain cases you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to STELIA Aerospace in a form that is structured, commonly used and machine readable, and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without STELIA Aerospace hindering this. This right applies only if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract and this processing is done using automated processes.
- A right to refuse processing: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where this processing is based on the legitimate interest of STELIA Aerospace. STELIA Aerospace may, however, raise compelling and legitimate grounds for further processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of commercial prospecting.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, please contact us using the channels indicated below and give us the following information: first name, last name, email address or any other information necessary to confirm your identity and allow us to process your request.
How do you exercise your rights and/or contact STELIA Aerospace about any question concerning the protection of your data?
To exercise your rights or any questions related to the processing of your Personal Data, you can refer first to the Data Protection Representative (DPR) of STELIA Aerospace, who can be contacted at the following email address:
Am I obliged to provide personal data?
You can object to the processing of your personal data at any time or, where your consent is required, withdraw your consent by contacting us at the above address. However, please note that you may not be able to access certain information, features or services from the website and use them.
In certain circumstances, when certain personal data are necessary to conclude a contract or to comply with a legal obligation, any failure to provide the personal data requested may lead to us being unable to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations or to achieve the expected results.
Is your personal data subject to automated decision-making, including profiling?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes, including profiling. In the event that we resort to such processes, we will notify you in advance and inform you of your rights in this regard, in accordance with the law.
How do I contact the relevant authorities?
If you are not satisfied, you can directly contact the relevant supervisory authority for data protection. Below you will find the competent authorities for each European country in which STELIA Aerospace operates:
- FRANCE: CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés), the French data protection authority
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small data files that are temporarily or permanently stored by the website server on your computer or device, through the web browser. Cookies contain a unique code that enables your web browser to recognise you when visiting this website (a session cookie) or during a subsequent visit or subsequent use (a permanent cookie). Cookies simplify, supplement and personalise the use of a website.
Only the cookies from your device are identified. Personal data may be stored in cookies, provided you have consented to this.
Which cookies do we use?
Below is a table listing the information that we can take from each cookie to use on our website.
- GOOGLE MAPS
Cookies that may be placed by the site when you are browsing it present no risk and are mainly intended to:
- ensure that the different scripts used to code the site operate correctly,
- display advertising banners,
- ensure site monitoring via the tools provided by Google Analytics,
- ensure that the social network sharing buttons function correctly.
How can I disable or delete cookies?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you will still be able to access and use our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent the storage of cookies on your device by configuring your browser (you can find out how to do this in the instructions on using your browser). You can delete cookies from your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept the cookies necessary for the services offered by our website to be provided, the availability of these services may be reduced.
Modification of this Policy
STELIA Aerospace may update this information notice from time to time in order to comply with the various changes in the practices of the company and its services, as well as to comply with the laws and regulations on data protection. We will inform you of any substantial change in the processing of your personal data.